Ward & Berry PLLC provides comprehensive representation to its clients in internal and governmental investigations, including those initiated Offices of the Inspector General at federal and state agencies, Congressional committees, suspension and debarment officials, regulatory bodies, DCMA, DCAA. We also conduct internal investigations and advise our clients on potential reporting obligations. We play key roles on our clients’ strategic and crisis management teams.
Representative engagements by Ward & Berry PLLC attorneys include:
- Counsel to Founder / Board Chairman of a prominent government contractor in suspension and debarment proceedings commenced by United States Air Force. Obtained favorable resolution of proceedings.
- Prepared multiple defense contractors providing support to U.S. military operations in Afghanistan for testimony before the Commission on Wartime Contracting, the
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- Counsel to U.S. Secret Service agent and whistleblower in investigations stemming from Cartagena prostitution scandal.
- Counsel to numerous federal contractors in investigations launched by agency Inspectors General, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR), the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID), and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS).
- Conducted investigation on behalf of compound owner in Baghdad, Iraq, where criminal shooting spree resulted in multiple contractor fatalities.
- Conducted investigation on behalf of U.S. contractor with operations in Afghanistan after employee was implicated in deaths of U.S. troops.
- Conducted investigation of deaths of clients’ employees in a “friendly fire” incident with U.S. troops in Iraq.